Monday, March 31, 2014

New week, new goals

I'm so tired so this post is going to be short & sweet.  I felt like I needed to at least post something tonight, but I don't have the energy to muster up anything legitimate.  So, I will just write down my goals for the week and also do my verse of the week since it's Sunday.

Goals

  1. Complete 2 T25 videos this week
  2. Only visit Starbucks ONE TIME this week
Reward: New capris

Yes- I literally have to bribe/reward myself and if you don't have to... congratulations because you're practically an alien.  My Starbucks obsession is out of hand, and I don't just order frappauccinos or something stupid.  I NEED an iced venti nonfat caramel macchiato w/ no caramel drizzle + an extra shot of espresso.  In barista language that's apparently an iced venti triple caramel macchiato w/ no caramel drizzle.  Basically, I just need the espresso.  It's all that I care about.  So I'm cutting myself off/back this week because I'm too dependent on it and my wallet is crying.

Secondly and more importantly, my verse of the week!

-- When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.  Psalm 94:19

I cannot even explain how relevant this verse is to me, because anxiety is all I feel in the last few weeks of this semester.  Everything is all piling up at once and I feel like I'm literally neck-deep in water and cannot swim.  

I've never really felt "anxiety" before I came to college and all that helps the feeling is stopping what I'm doing, closing my eyes, taking a deep breath, and praying for a minute or two.  Sure- I repeat this process probably five times an hour but I'm surviving.

I may not survive on less than 6 hours of sleep tomorrow, but I will deal with that tomorrow morning.  Or in a few hours....whatever.

Here is to hoping I have a happy, blissful week! :)

- Mikayla

No comments:

Post a Comment