Monday, May 12, 2014

Clearing my mind

Written on May 10:

Today has been hard for me.

Not because of Mother's Day necessarily, but the way I have felt all day has been driving me crazy. I have been proud of myself all week for staying committed to my reset meal plan and following the program perfectly. Today I woke up craving the biggest piece of chocolate and a jar of peanut butter and I was grouchy all day long. I annoyed myself with my attitude. 

For a majority of the day I really wanted to quit altogether and try again some other time. My mom wouldn't let me and I knew after reflecting on the money I spent that I couldn't quit. Then, I watched Isabelle and carls video on their week 2 and she really hit home with an answer to a question about cheating. She stated that this wasnt a diet but a reset to cleanse your body. You can't cheat, because there is no punishment and your main objective should be to better your health. Boom... I felt so much better. My desire for other foods wasn't cheating, it's my body adjusting to the detoxing and desire for the additional sugars. I think I will be okay from here on out. If I did 7 days without chocolate, coffee, and sweets I can complete the next 14 days. 

Here's to next week. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment