Thursday, May 15, 2014

Let's Talk About...... Stress.

First things first- today is Day 11 of the reset.  I ONLY HAVE TEN DAYS LEFT, PEOPLE.  I cannot even express to you how excited I am to get this over with.  I really hope that it does make an impact on my old eating routine and it has definitely given me the tools to come up with some new recipes and ideas.

However, going 21 days without coffee, peanut butter, or chocolate has left me feeling like I have a screw loose.  During the past 11 days I have gone through the thoughts of "I cannot believe I was so dependent on different things" and I'm currently going through the thought process of "I cannot wait to start having coffee in moderation, because this reset is not real life and I could never function like this."

We live in a world where everything is fast, convenient, and deliciously terrible for you.  This reset has made me slow down, prepare my own food 3-4 times a day, and cut out all of those "real world" substances from my life.  Sure it's wonderful right now and doing miraculous things for my body, however, it's not my real world scenario and I can't imagine sticking to it every single day.  People who do-- well I applaud you because you obviously have a magic clock with more time or are some superstar chef who can whip up things in 10 minutes.  And let's not even talk about the cravings I deal with from chocolate.  High fives to the individuals who can go long periods of time without indulging in something a little sugary.  I am not one of those people.

So... I am not only stressed out about this reset (I think it's supposed to do the opposite), but I'm also stressed out about my job situation.  I'm still currently employed at Sun Tan City in Ann Arbor but the expenses I'm paying just to get to work and then work 8 hours a day isn't worth it.  I'm now scheduled to go on leave from here from June-August and hopefully I can find a job at home that will be worth my time.  I have applied to Starbucks and fingers-crossed I get that job, because I know I will absolutely love it.  What beats working in a coffee shop!?  (Possibly tanning... I do love tanning.)

Hopefully this post wasn't filled with too much negativity, as I am trying to get a better grip of my attitudes throughout this 21 day detox as well.  I was never aware how much your emotions affect your physical state of being until this all happened.  I could feel my body literally releasing emotions and stress the first week and it hasn't stopped yet.  My knees and upper back ache from stress release and I have had crazy mood swings and cried for no reason.  I know that this too will pass and once this reset is done I will be feeling like a million bucks.

I cannot wait until day 22. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment