Sunday, May 18, 2014

Day 14

Today is Day 14 and my last day of the Detox or Release phase.  I'm really excited to get out of this phase, but this next week my meals will only consist of fruits and vegetables.  I'm a little nervous that I'm going to be extremely hungry, but at least I love fruits and vegetables.

I had a really difficult time during phase 2 controlling my cravings for sugars and my hormones definitely did not help.  All I wanted was peanut butter, pancakes, and chocolate.  Two out of the three were located in my kitchen- how convenient.  I did give in to my cravings a few times, but came out of it each time knowing that I would complete phase 3 with no cheats and that my body was doing what it naturally knew how to do.  I had fed it sugars for so long that all it wanted was the sugar it knew.  I accepted this and moved on.

The first picture was of my dinner on Thursday night that was sweet potato and red pepper bisque, along with roasted asparagus and a handful of almonds.   SO delicious I forgot that I was even eating reset foods, so I will definitely be keeping this as a returning item.



Dinner on Friday night was zucchini-cashew soup with baked sweet potato topped with 1 tsp. coconut oil and cinnamon.  Before the reset I didn't like zucchini at all, but I have found that stir frying it AND this soup makes me love some zucchini.  I will also be keeping this is rotation, because I loved it.  The baked potato with cinnamon and coconut oil was practically dessert and I can't wait to eat it again.


Meal-prepping has been the most time consuming aspect of this reset and I've made more trips to the grocery store throughout this than I have in the past six months.  However, I really enjoy buying my own food and the fact that I only have to do my shopping in the produce section for an entire week of meals is really awesome.  

It also has made me more conscious as to how other families in America grocery shop and maintain their households.  As I was waiting in line to check-out all around me I saw carts piled to the top with potato chips, boxed snacks, frozen waffles, pancake mix, syrups, and carts loaded entirely with pop.  It made my heart heavy to know that these individuals don't know how much delicious and healthy food they can prepare within the same budget they have right now.  My cart of groceries for my week cost $67, while the woman next to me had 2 carts full of junk for $360.  I was blown away by the mentality that healthy food is too expensive and also takes too long to prepare.  We live in a society where if it isn't fast and cheap, it's too much of a hassle.  Unfortunately, those are going to be the same individuals who later in their lives are going to be facing surgeries and medications to prolong their life and improve their quality of it.  When all they had to do was take the time to eat healthier and give back to their bodies.  After this reset I'm contemplating creating a program or switching my platform to something that deals with nutrition in America and helping families understand what truly healthy food is.


I hope you have a blessed Sunday and know that He is with you through it all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment